HER2-positive breast cancer is the second most common cancer in the world and the most common cancer in women worldwide. Today, HER2-positive breast cancer patients are living longer with their disease, thanks to established disease management strategies using numerous combinations of chemotherapy with Herceptin, Perjeta, and the tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) Tykerb (lapatinib). During the forecast period from 2015-2025, GlobalData expects that the HER2-positive market will grow due to the launch of HER2-targeted agents in the early disease setting and the aging populations in the US, 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), Japan, and China.
Following the patent expiry of Herceptin and the subsequent highly anticipated introduction of trastuzumab biosimilars during the forecast period, the market is expected to face its biggest barrier to growth to date. Despite a lack of game-changing innovation in the HER2-positive market, the pipeline is diverse with several agents being investigated in the extended adjuvant and metastatic settings. A number of these agents are looking to address the greatest unmet need for HER2-positive breast cancer patients-brain metastases-which typically occur in the later lines of metastatic therapy and are caused by increasingly resistant disease.
Key Questions Answered
– How will biosimilar penetration impact the HER2-positive breast cancer market, especially following the launch of trastuzumab biosimilars in the 8MM?
– How will new pipeline agents such as Ibrance and neratinib impact the HER2-positive breast cancer market?
– The HER2-positive breast cancer market is characterized by a number of unmet needs in the current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the pipeline drugs under development fulfil these unmet needs?
– What impact will the approval of Roches Perjeta in the adjuvant setting following data from the Aphinity trial have on the HER2-positive breast cancer market? What will be the drugs peak sales, and why?
Get Sample Copy Of Report : https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/1339306
– Overview of HER2-positive breast cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
– Annualized HER2-positive breast cancer therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in nine patient segments and two treatment strategies (episodic and prophylactic treatment), forecast from 2016 to 2026.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the HER2-positive breast cancer therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for HER2-positive breast cancer. The most promising candidate in Phase III development is profiled.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HER2-positive breast cancer market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HER2-positive breast cancer market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global HER2-positive breast cancer market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.