Laser eye surgery is a medical procedure for reshaping the face of the cornea, consisting of the use of a laser. It is used to improve long-sightedness, shortsightedness, or astigmatism. During Laser Eye Surgery in Victoria BC, an excimer laser, controlled by means of a pc can be used to remove tiny levels of corneal tissue. The purpose of the process will be to restore normal vision, removing the need for contacts or eyeglasses. Only about 20% of ophthalmologists are trained to utilize it, although laser surgery has risen in popularity several years.
In one sort of laser eye surgery, the outer layer of the cornea, also called the epithelium, is removed and an excimer laser is used to reshape underneath tissue. This process is known as photorefractive keratectomy (PRK).
Treatments of Laser Eye Surgery:
The Ophthalmologist creates a small flap of very thin corneal tissue with the Intralase femtosecond laser. The exposed tissue is then reshaped and the corneal flap is replaced. For better Laser Eye Surgery treatment get suggestions from Best Ophthalmologist.
Precautions to take after Eye Surgery:
- Don’t wash your hair.
- Keep soap out of your eye, when you wash your face.
- Don’t rub your eyes for a month.
- Keep tap water out of your eyes for a week.
- Avoid pools, whirlpools, saunas, and lakes.
- No eye makeup products after surgery to avoid an infection after surgery.
- Don’t get your hair colored or permed.
- Wear eye protection once you start to exercise and do sports activities again.
- Avoid dirty and dusty environments.
- Bright sunshine may cause scarring, so wear sunglasses on bright days.
What Happens During the Laser Surgery Process?
The Eye surgery should take less than half an hour. You’ll lie on your back, reclining in a chair, or on a table. You may be given a sedative prior to the procedure, that will help you relax.
Local anesthetic eye drops are utilized prior to the operation. The process takes a few minutes per eye. When the laser is used for reshaping the corneal tissue, the genuine time is generally significantly less than a minute. An instrument called a lid speculum will probably be utilized to hold your eyelids open. A band is placed on your eye, and the cutting instrument is attached to the ring. The device that was cut, a microkeratome, is used to cut a flap in your cornea. A laser is placed over your eye, to stare at the light. This light is really to allow you to maintain your eye fixed in one spot when the laser comes on.
After Laser Eye Treatments you need to wear an eye shield for protection following the task. This will keep you and protect your eye from being inadvertently hit or poked until the flap has healed.
After Laser Eye Surgery:
- You should expect some minor discomfort. Nonetheless, you ought to have the ability to see, although not quite clear. You will not be able to drive after the laser surgery.
- You must see your doctor within the very first 24 to two days after the operation, and after that at regular times for around six months. You may need to wait for around two weeks before using makeup, creams or lotions, to prevent illness or irritation. You must also avoid swimming and hot tubs for about 6 weeks.
- Your Eye vision will continue to enhance during the next several months, although you should see well the day after surgery. As the eye heals, your eyesight will continue to enhance. It is necessary to keep all your follow-up appointments with your physician, to be sure that everything is going according to plan.
How should I be careful after Surgery?
- After the surgery, you should get two to three hours of sleep post-surgery.
- Frequently use your prescribed eye drops that will prevent inflammation and possible infection and artificial tears to help heal your eyes and keep them moisturized.
- After using the eyedrops, keep your eyes closed, which allows the medicine to reach your eye faster.
- Every often, clean the rim of your eyelids with tissue.
- Blink more often. This will lower your discomfort as it’s a great way to keep your eyes moisturized and avoid dry eyes.
- Wash your hands regularly, before touching that will go near your eye area.
- Wear sunglasses when going outside during the day to prevent sunlight.
- After surgery uses protective eye shields provided by your doctor when sleeping. This will prevent you from touching your eyes when you sleep. For more information about Laser Eye Surgery visit the Best Hospital for Ophthalmology.