Asia Pacific Hepatitis C Therapeutics Market to Exhibit 6.4% CAGR through 2023

0
1033
Hepatitis C Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Market
Hepatitis C Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Market

A thorough 138-page market research report recently added to the comprehensive research report portfolio of MarketResearchReports.biz presents an overview of the commercial and clinical landscape of the Asia Pacific hepatitis C market. The report, titled “Hepatitis C Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2023 – Presence of Outstanding Direct-Acting Antivirals and Late-Stage Pipeline to Transform the Clinical and Commercial Landscape,” considers diagnosis, pathogenesis, treatment, and prognosis options available at all stages of diagnosis of the disease, including a detailed comparison of all the key therapies marketed in the regional market.

The report states that the Asia Pacific hepatitis C market will exhibit a healthy 6.4% CAGR over the forecast period and rise from a valuation of $5.38 billion in 2016 to $8.31 billion in 2023.

Hepatitis C is a liver disease that leads to an acute and chronic infection to the liver. The blood-borne disease is caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV) and affects millions across the globe every year. The World Health Organization (WHO) states that there were nearly 1.75 million new cases of HCV infections in 2015; nearly 399,000 people die of the infection every year as it develops into a cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma.

The Asia Pacific region presents a distinct HCV epidemiology, with the prevalence of the condition ranging from 0.1% – 4.7%, and a distinctive genotype distribution. Acute cases of HCV infection are generally asymptomatic and nearly 15% to 45% of those infected clear the virus spontaneously over a duration of six months of the infection without the need for any treatment; the remaining 55% to 85% infections result in the development of chronic HCV infections.

The report states that the present-day hepatitis C market is led by high-performance drugs comprising new-generation direct acting antivirals (DAAs). Prescriptions are increasingly shifting away from interferon-based therapies to direct acting antiviral combination therapies that can eradicate the infection in most patients in as low as 8 to 12 weeks, without having to use ribavirin.

The highly competitive vendor landscape off the hepatitis C treatment market, where most products in the market resemble others in terms of efficacy and safety, a key differentiating factor is the coverage of patient segment. A number of factors that have conventionally been used to envisage the outcome of a treatment, including previous treatment history, HCV genotypes, and the conditions of liver and kidney of the patient, are also being used increasingly to define patient populations for new therapies.

For Sample Copy, click here: https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/1313842

Presently, the last stage hepatitis C pipeline is mostly composed of direct acting antiviral regimens that target NS3/4A protease, NS5B polymerase, and NS5A. Some of the most advanced and promising therapeutic agents in the pipeline are AbbVies glecaprevir/pibrentasvir and Gileads sofosbuvir/velpatasvir/voxilaprevir, which have been analyzed in the Phase III clinical trials section in the report. Owing to the excellent effectiveness of the drugs that are presently marketed as well as the ones in late-stage of clinical trials, the developers of HCV NS3/4A protease, NS5B polymerase, and NS5A in the earlier stages of clinical development are not strategizing to lead the market, but are rather keener on earning a place in the market.

The report covers the hepatitis C market, identifying the underlying commercial opportunities that it offers, in five markets in Asia Pacific. Forecasts regarding epidemiology, the annual cost of the therapy, and details regarding the individual contributions of some of the most promising late-stage therapeutic agents are covered in the report for China, India, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.

Leave a Reply