Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is a rapidly progressing blood cancer with a poor overall prognosis. AML is relatively rare, and predominantly affects older adults. Although a number of acquired genetic and molecular abnormalities have been implicated in the manifestation of AML and disease progression, in most cases the stimuli causing these abnormalities to occur have not been identified.
Major drivers of the AML market in the 7MM will include an increasing number of elderly incident cases of AML, particularly in the US, the launch of premium-priced therapies, including AbbVie/Roches Venclexta, Celgenes enasidenib and CC-486, and Actiniums Iomab-B for elderly AML patients; Daiichi Sankyos quizartinib and Astellas gilteritinib for FLT3-mutated AML; and Jazzs Vyxeos for newly diagnosed elderly secondary AML patients, and an increasing branded drug treatment rate, particularly among elderly patients.
Barriers to the growth of the AML market in the 7MM will include a high enrollment rate of AML patients in clinical trials in the 5EU, the US, and Japan, pressure for cost-consciousness, particularly in the EU, limited adoption of the branded therapies due to positioning of most of them in combination with the relatively toxic current standard-of-care (SOC) regimens, loss of patent protection of Vidaza, Dacogen, Rydapt, and the prospective branded therapies Vyxeos and guadecitabine.
Key Questions Answered
– The AML market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the AML market?
– How will new pipeline agents such as Rydapt, enasidenib, Mylotarg, Vyxeos, and Venclexta impact the AML market?
– The current AML market is dominated by generic chemotherapies. How will the advent of targeted prescription drugs change the drug treatment landscape in AML? How will the drug treatment rate change over the next five years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
Get ample Copy Of Report : https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/1339305
– Overview of AML, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
– Annualized AML therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in nine patient segments , forecast from 2016 to 2026.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the AML therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for AML. The most promising candidate in Phase III development are profiled.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global AML market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global AML market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global AML market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.